Friday, 31 July 2009

Opal


Yesterday I had to take the agonising decision to put Opal to sleep. She had been diagnosed with osteo-sarcoma in May and had been hobbling around on 3 good legs ever since, not a dignified look in a greyhound!
The decision was made when she walked past her breakfast and went straight back to bed. She would NEVER pass up the opportunity to eat whether she was supposed to or not!
In the end it was very calm and peaceful, though today it seems odd not to be followed around just in case I may go to the kitchen to provide 'a little something'.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. And, I'm so sorry about your loss; it's terrible to have to do that, but it's often the only right decision.

Cheryl said...

You need to blog more...this is an old post...sorry for your loss though....I love my pet too!

I'm just returning comments that have been left on my blog. Yes, I'm far behind!